Comment: Megg brought this over for a large family gathering and it was what we call a “can I have the recipe” recipe as it was an immediate hit. It’s light, creamy, a little bit crunchy, just sweet enough and the cheese/bread crumb topping is very satisfying. When you serve it be sure to have copies handy as you’ll be asked “can I have the recipe.”
Cooking time:Bake 30 minutes @ 350 degrees
Steam time: 5 minutes
2 cups combined yellow & green zucchini, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup HomeMade GF Breadcrumbs
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup onion, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1 tbls butter or Margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam zucchini squash 5 minutes.
3. Mix squash, mayo, onions, egg and sugar and spread in a 9” x 12” casserole dish.
4. Spread cheddar cheese evenly over squash mix.
5. Spread breadcrumbs evenly over cheese.
6. Dot butter over breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and serve hot.